What is the definition of a household?
A household, in relation to HMO, is defined as;
- A single person, or several members of the same family who live together.
- Each tenant from a separate family is classed as a separate household.
How is the term ‘family’ defined?
- Married couples who live together
- Two persons living together
- Including couples in same sex relationships
- Relatives or half relatives count as the same ‘family’. This includes; grandparents, step parents, aunts, uncles, siblings & step siblings.